Migrating Your Podcast from Libsyn
To move your podcast from Libsyn to Castos or to Castos using our WordPress integration with the Seriously Simple Podcasting plugin, follow the below steps. Keep in mind if your ultimate goal is to manage your podcast from your WordPress site the initial import of the RSS feed will need to take place in WordPress not in Castos. You are not able to sync files from Castos to WordPress only from WordPress to Castos.
- ONE: Move all of your podcast episodes to Castos or to your WordPress site if you're using the Seriously Simple Podcasting plugin. You do this for Castos by providing your RSS feed URL during the onboarding process or in the SSP plugin by visiting Podcast > Settings > Import and selecting Import External Feed.
- TWO: If you're using WordPress and Seriously Simple Podcasting then once the Libsyn feed is on your site, you will want to then sync those files on WordPress to Castos by going to Import > Trigger Import. To make sure the sync has worked, check your Castots dashboard and make sure the URLs you see in the Podcast file window says Castos and not Libsyn.
- THREE: Recreate your RSS feed either in WordPress with the Seriously Simple Podcasting plugin or in your Castos Dashboard in the Feed Details area by adding all of the pertinent details like Podcast Name, Description, Categories etc.
Once these steps are complete you can begin the process of redirecting your previous Libsyn RSS feed to your new feed either in WordPress or in Castos. All you need to do is tell Apple Podcasts and other podcast directories that your podcast is now located in a different location. To do this you will apply a 301 redirect FROM your old podcast RSS feed location (in this case on Libsyn) TO your new feed URL either on your WordPress site or on Castos. This updates your feed URL with the distribution channels, so there is nothing to change in your account.
To do this start by
- Logging into your Libsyn dashboard
- Next, Select “Destinations” in the menu
- Then click “Edit” for the “Libsyn Classic Feed”
- Expand “Advanced Options” section at the bottom of the page
- In the "Redirect Feed to this Web Address" textbox, paste your podcast RSS feed from your WordPress site if you're using Seriously Simple Podcasting, or from your Castos dashboard if not.
- Click "Save"
Libsyn will now redirect your feed to your new podcast RSS Feed URL.
You can test this by copying your Libsyn RSS feed URL and pasting it in your browser's address bar. You should be instantly taken to your Castos feed URL.
Note: Although iTunes will normally pick up on changes within a few days, you should leave the old feed in place for a few weeks to ensure all subscribers are moved across. 2 weeks is a safe period of time for this.