When working with the Seriously Simple Podcasting plugin, you will be using a WordPress Custom Post Type that creates a post specifically for your Episode. Every time you publish a new Episode for your podcast, you will have the ability to:
- add text like a description and show notes in the post content.
- add an audio file that will display in a player on the post.
- set the Series if you are working with multiple podcasts.
- add text as an excerpt, if you don't want to use the excerpt created by your theme from the post content.
Set up your Podcast Episode Page
Go to Podcast > Settings > General
By default the plugin does not have the Media Player location set. When first setting up, if you publish an episode and don't see your player, make sure you have the player location set. You can select any individual setting or all, depending on what you want to see on your site. The setting shown here will display the player anywhere where there is Full Content or an Excerpt displayed as determined by your WordPress theme.
- Select if you would like the player to display Above the content/excerpt or Below.
- Select if you would like to see the Download Link, Subscription Links, Duration, and Recording Date
- Select which Media player you would like to display. This is active for all instances of the player on your site placed using the custom post type. It does not apply to players added by a block, widget or shortcode.
- You can customize the options for player color.