Subscription Plans: Pro
Castos customers can publish both audio and video podcast episodes.
NOTE: At this time, video-based episodes in your podcast's RSS feed will only be available on the Apple Podcasts platform. Video podcasting in Spotify is currently restricted to only a few hand-picked users of that platform. Apple accepts MOV, MP4, M4V file formats.
Due to limitations of the API, there is a maximum file size of 200 MB when uploading episodes in WordPress using the Seriously Simple Podcasting plugin.
If your video episode file exceeds 200 MB, you can add the episode directly in your Castos account instead by updating your Podcast Settings. That being said, it's important to remember the API allows your WordPress website to sync new content with your Castos hosting account – but new content added in Castos will not automatically sync with your WordPress site. The steps below will outline how to manually add a video episode to your WordPress site after it's been uploaded in Castos. To continue publishing audio episodes in WordPress, you'll need to change these settings back.
Update Podcast Settings in Castos
1. Sign into your Castos dashboard
2. Click the account name and select My Account from the menu
3. Click Podcast Settings
4. Select I’ll publish my content from my Castos dashboard:
5. Click Update Podcast Info
Add a new video episode
1. In your Castos dashboard, locate the podcast and click + Add Episode:
2. Enter the episode details and upload the media file
3. Click Publish Episode
Add Castos Hosted Video Episodes to Your WordPress site
- In your Castos dashboard, go to Podcast > View Episodes
- Click on the episode link icon:
- Copy the Episode file URL:
- In your WordPress Admin dashboard, create a new podcast episode by clicking Add New
- In the Block Editor, add the episode file URL to the Podcast Episode post content window using the WordPress default video block by clicking on Blocks Video to add to video player block to the editor window then add the video URL to that block.
Or, if you are using the Classic editor, you will need to install a third-party plugin that allows you to add video URLs via a shortcode in the WordPress editor.
Please Note: At this time the iframe embed code from your Castos account does not support video.