Add the media file prefix of 3rd-party analytics and tracking services to your files in WordPress using our Seriously Simple Podcasting plugin.
Services like Podtrac and Chartable provide an independent analytics service, which is sometimes required by advertisers as a uniform platform through which sponsors can level the downloaded numbers of the shows they support.
1. Sign up for a Podtrac account
2. Add your podcast's RSS feed and copy the entire Podtrac prefix including the forward slash "/" that appears at the end.
In Podtrac , the prefix will look similar to this:
3. In your WordPress Admin dashboard, go to Podcast > Settings > Feed Details and enter the Media File Prefix:
NOTE: Adding the media file prefix will modify your RSS feed directly. We strongly recommend testing your podcast in your feed and on podcast listening platforms like Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher to make sure everything works as expected.
These steps are very similar to the steps shown above.
1. Sign up for a free Chartable account
2. Add your podcast's RSS feed and copy the entire Chartable prefix
3. In your WordPress Admin dashboard, go to Podcast > Settings > Feed Details and enter the Media File Prefix (see screenshot above).