Turbocharging your feed to maximize available episodes
Are you adding full episode transcriptions or just want to display a large number of episodes? Your podcast’s RSS feed might be too large to be read by Apple Podcasts and other podcast platforms.
If so, you can Turbocharge the RSS feed by removing unnecessary information from older episodes.
Turbocharge your podcast’s RSS feed
1. Sign in to your WordPress Admin dashboard and go to Podcasting > Settings > Feed Details
2. Check the box for Turbocharge podcast feed:
3. Click Save
When the RSS feed has been Turbocharged, the most recent 10 episodes will retain all of their details.
Seriously Simple Podcasting will remove the following non-essential details from episodes published prior to the 10 most recent:
- <itunes:summary> - this is a summary of the post content and is identical to the <description> field in your feed already
- <content:encoded> - this is the full contents of the post
- episode descriptions reduced to a maximum of 4000 characters
Using the Turbocharge feature WILL NOT affect the validity or compatibility of the RSS feed in directories like Apple Podcasts, Spotify, etc. and is perfectly safe to enable, especially in situations where you have very long post contents or if you want to include a very large number (100+) episodes in your feed.