Plans and Pricing FAQ
How Castos works when it comes to the plans and pricing tiers we offer.
Whether you're just starting out as a new podcaster or are a seasoned veteran of this fantastic medium it's important to know exactly what your podcast hosting provider is offering, and on what terms.
|Why isn't this free?
|Free transcripts included
|Why plan is best for me?
Why isn't this Free?
Generally in life, you get what you pay for. And podcast hosting is no exception. Sure there are free tools out there, but they come with many "Strings Attached" that may hamper your ability to grow your show, actually own your content, and make the kind of progress you want to make in your podcasting endeavors.
Choosing a tool (like Castos) that offers a fair price for the features, support, and infrastructure that it does is often a better choice if you're really taking your podcast seriously and want to stick with this medium for the long run.
Every new podcaster to Castos starts off on a free 14-day trial. In this you have access to all of the features of the plan you choose to trial with.
During that time you'll hopefully see that this is the home for you and your podcasts, and when your trial is over, your subscription will automatically begin unless you cancel before your 14 days end.
During this trial period we'll be in touch via email with info about how to get the most out of the Castos platform, tips and tricks if you're just starting out, and guidance on how to move your existing podcast to Castos if you've been hosting elsewhere previously.
Free Transcripts Included
Each of our plans will include free transcript credits depending on the tier.
- Essentials - 10 transcript credits per month
- Growth - 25 transcript credits per month
- Pro - 100 transcript credits per month
For more information, check out our Transcriptions FAQ.
If you're running a Private Podcast then the number of Private Subscribers (i.e. those individuals you have added to your podcast) is another consideration when it comes to the best plan for your podcast(s).
The allowances for Private Subscribers is:
- Essentials - up to 100 Private Subscribers
- Growth - up to 250 Private Subscribers
- Pro - up to 500 Private Subscribers
If you would like to add additional Private Subscribers above the 500 that are included in the Pro plan they are charged at a price of $50/month per bundle of additional 500 subscribers.
Which plan is best for me?
Great question. There are a few things to consider when choosing the right plan for you at Castos. Here is how we think about the options and features included in each of our pricing tiers:
- Essentials - $19/mo or $190/year: Best for most all hobbyist podcasters. Whether you're just starting out or have been podcasting for a while and this is not your main gig, the Essentials plan gives you all of the tools, features, and access to run a really successful podcast.
- Growth - $49/mo or $490/year: Best for those who want to grow their shows. With Castos' YouTube Republishing and Audiogram integration with Headliner this plan allows you to repurpose your content, automatically, every time you publish a new episode.
- Pro - $99/mo or $990/year: Best for those who are publishing video or need advanced analytics. If you're wanting to host a video podcast this is the place for you. And if you're looking for enhanced insights into your podcast audience Castos' advanced analytics gives you that additional data.
- Enterprise: If you need things like SSO, dedicated white-label instances of the platform, or custom features Castos offers enterprise level packages. Drop a message to our team here to learn more.