Replace an episode with a new media file
To ensure all podcast directories notice the new episode file change, we suggest changing the file name of your new media file before uploading to Castos or Seriously Simple Podcasting.
|Replace an episode’s media file on your Castos dashboard
|Replace an episode's media file in WordPress with Seriously Simple Podcasting
Replace an episode without losing listener analytics by uploading a new media file in Castos.
If you’re using Seriously Simple Podcasting along with Castos, jump ahead to the second section. Replacing a media file from your Castos dashboard instead of Seriously Simple Podcasting might cause sync issues for your podcast.
Replace an episode's media file on your Castos dashboard
- Sign into your Castos dashboard and click View Episodes.
- Click the episode title to open its Episode Details page.
- Click Replace File to select or drag and drop a supported media file to replace the current file.
Replace an episode's media file in WordPress with Seriously Simple Podcasting
- Sign into your WordPress site's admin dashboard and go to Podcasting → All Episodes.
- Find the episode title and click Edit.
- In the Podcast Episode Details tab underneath the episode content description, click Select File.
- Find the file to upload and press Open. If you're connected and syncing to Castos, the new file start uploading to Castos and with the appearance of a blue progress bar.
- Press Update on the podcast episode/post page.
It can take up to 24 hours for podcast directories to notice the new episode file and start serving that to your listeners.