Redirect your podcast's RSS feed
Redirect your podcast’s RSS feed to a new RSS feed
|Redirect your RSS feed in Castos
|Redirect your RSS feed on WordPress with Seriously Simple Podcasting
The redirection of the RSS feed will impact any directories from which your podcast is distributing, such as Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and Spotify. You might consider redirecting your podcast's current RSS feed in either of the following scenarios:
1. You are altering the domain of your WordPress site or the website hosting the podcast.
2. You are migrating to a new podcast host
Read more about what redirects do here.
Redirect your RSS feed in Castos
- From Castos, select Settings for the desired podcast you wish to redirect.
- Go to Distribution → Danger Zone
- Input the new RSS feed URL to which you want to redirect your Castos RSS Feed.
- Save your changes by clicking Save.
Redirect your RSS feed on WordPress with Seriously Simple Podcasting
- Sign in to your WordPress Admin dashboard
- Go to Podcasting → Settings → Feed Details
- If you have more than one podcast, select the title of the podcast you'd like to redirect
- Check the box for Redirect this feel URL and enter the new RSS feed URL
- Click Save Settings
The existing RSS feed generated by our Seriously Simple Podcasting plugin will now be redirected to the new podcast feed URL.
To check the redirect, enter the original RSS feed URL into your browser. If done correctly, you should be redirected to the new podcast feed URL.
We recommend leaving the redirect in place for four weeks to ensure all podcast directories have had time to notice the change.