Create and manage as many podcasts as you’d like within a single Castos account. Not only will each podcast have its own unique RSS feed, listener analytics can be tracked separately as well.
Note: The following applies only to accounts that are managed from Castos. If you're managing your existing podcast from Seriously Simple Podcasting, you will not see the option to add a new podcast. To create a new podcast from Seriously Simple Podcasting, please review our article on Working with Series in WordPress.
Add a new podcast
1. Sign in to your Castos dashboard and click Add New Podcast in the Action window:
2. Give your podcast a title and click Continue:
Before your new podcast can be created it needs to include an episode or two:
3. Enter the episode details and upload the media file
4. Schedule a date and time to publish the episode and click Publish Episode
Build out your new podcast in Podcast Settings
1. Click the Feed Details tab and add your new podcast’s description, cover image, categories, and other details you’d like to include:
2. Click Save Podcast Details
3. Select the Website Settings tab
4. A website URL has been suggested for you based on your new podcast's title. If you'd like to make a change, this is the only point in the workflow where you can edit the podcast slug. It cannot be changed later.
5. Once you're happy with the podcast slug, click Save Podcast Details
6. Select the Distribution tab
7. Copy your new podcast’s RSS feed URL by clicking the copy icon:
8. Submit the RSS feed URL to any podcast listening platform where you’d like your podcast to be available to listeners.
NOTE: Once the RSS feed has been processed and accepted by listening platforms like Apple Podcasts, Amazon, and the other listed platforms, add them to the Subscribe button of your Castos website by returning to the Website Settings page, opening the Subscribe Links tab and pasting a link to your show:
9. Click Save Podcast Details
Take advantage of our direct integration with Spotify and Amazon by submitting your RSS feed directly using the integration button for each:
Note: Integrating with Spotify will automatically place your Spotify show link within the Subscribe button on your Castos website and our embeddable Castos Player. If you've already submitted your show to Spotify via your Spotify for Podcasters account, contact us at [email protected] with your show ID and we'll get it integrated.