Add and Manage Private Podcast Subscribers
Two Options for Private Podcasting
- Share the private RSS feed link with your subscribers: When your audience is a group of individuals that won't likely change over time.
- Add individual private subscribers in Castos: When you want to grant access to listeners while also having the flexibility to revoke access if needed.
Option #1: Share General Private RSS Feed Link
- Sign in to your Castos dashboard and click Settings of the private podcast
- Select Distribution
- Copy the RSS feed by clicking Copy:
- Click Save Settings
- Share the link with your subscribers. You can send along our Knowledge Hub guide to subscribing to a private podcast using the RSS feed URL
Option #2: Add Individual Subscribers
- Sign into your Castos dashboard and select the Subscribers
- From the Subscribers dashboard, click + New Contact:
- Enter the subscriber's name and email address, select which private podcast you'd like to invite them to, then click Add:
- Your newly added subscriber/s will receive an email invite with step-by-step instructions based on the options you've selected for Private Subscriber Invite Settings from My Account → Podcast Settings on your Castos dashboard
Private Subscriber Invite Settings Note
These settings will apply to all private podcasts managed on your Castos dashboard. If both of these options are un-selected, no email invitation will be
After subscribers have been added to your dashboard, open the menu for additional options including resending access codes or revoking access:
As more subscribers are added to your private podcast, additional tracking options and listener analytics become available.