Migrate your podcast from Anchor
- Verify that your existing RSS feed and media files are accessible
- Verify that all episodes are available within your existing RSS feed. If they are not within the feed, they will not be imported.
Move your podcast and episodes from Anchor to Castos.
- For creators that bypass the initial import wizard at sign-up, you can get to the Imports page by signing in to your Castos dashboard and clicking your Account Name → Imports.
- On the Imports page, click Import a New Podcast:
- Enter the current RSS feed URL and click Continue
- From your Castos dashboard, click Settings to open the Podcast Settings page:
- Select the Feed Details tab and enter the details not included in the RSS feed migration (categories, host metadata, etc.)
- Click Save Podcast Details
- Select the Distribution tab and copy your podcast's new RSS feed URL link:
Note on Imports
The amount of time it takes to import your podcast will vary from a few minutes to several hours depending on the number and length of episodes.
Redirect the RSS feed
Redirecting the Anchor RSS feed to your podcast’s new feed in Castos is similar to having your mail forwarded to a new home address. In other words, until Apple Podcasts and other podcast listening platforms have had a chance to update their system, we want them to be forwarded (or redirected) to your new RSS feed at Castos if they look to Anchor for your podcast.
1. Log into your Anchor dashboard and click Settings:
2. Select Distribution from the menu:
3. Enter your Castos RSS feed URL and click Redirect my podcast:
We recommend waiting 4 weeks before canceling your account with Podbean so that this redirect stays in place. This will allow time for the directories to automatically update your show's RSS information. Why Redirect?