Migrate your podcast from Simplecast
- Verify that your existing RSS feed and media files are accessible and/or validate your RSS feed with a health check.
- Double-check that all episodes are available within your existing RSS feed. Episodes not displaying in the feed will not be imported.
Move your podcast and episodes from Simplecast to Castos.
For podcasters that bypass the initial import wizard at sign-up, you can get to the Imports page by signing in to your Castos dashboard and clicking your Account Name → Imports.
- On the Imports page, click Import A New Podcast.
Enter your current Libsyn podcast RSS feed URL. Castos will check if the RSS feed is valid or not. If the RSS feed is valid, you'll see
Valid RSS feed URL!. Click Import:
- From your Castos dashboard, click Settings to open the Podcast Settings page:
- Select the Feed Details tab and enter the details not included in the RSS feed migration (categories, host metadata, etc.)
- Click Save Podcast Details
- Select the Distribution tab and copy your podcast's new RSS feed URL link:
Note on Imports
The amount of time it takes to import your podcast will vary from a few minutes to several hours depending on the number and length of episodes.
Redirect the RSS feed
Redirecting the Simplecast RSS feed to your podcast’s new feed in Castos is similar to having your mail forwarded to a new home address.
In other words, until Apple Podcasts and other podcast listening platforms have had a chance to update their system, you want them to be forwarded (redirected) to your new RSS feed at Castos if they look to Simplecast for your podcast.
- Sign into your Simplecast dashboard and select the podcast's settings icon:
- From Show Settings, select Distribution → Advanced Settings:
- Then paste your podcast's new Castos RSS feed URL in the RSS Feed Redirect text box and click Save:
We recommend waiting 4 weeks before canceling your account with Simplecast so that this redirect stays in place. This will allow time for the directories to automatically update your show's RSS information. Why Redirect?