Private podcast creators have 2 options for allowing listener access:
1. Share the private RSS feed link with your subscribers. This option is best when your audience is a group of individuals that won’t likely change over time.
2. Add individual subscribers in Castos. This options is best when you want to grant access to listeners while also having the flexibility to revoke access if needed.
Option #1: Share the private RSS feed link
1. Sign into your Castos dashboard and click Settings to open the Podcast Settings page
2. Select Distribution
3. Copy the RSS feed link:
4. Share the link with your subscribers along with our help article that will guide them through the process of subscribing to a podcast using the RSS feed URL
Option #2: Add individual subscribers
1. Sign into your Castos dashboard and select the Subscribers tab:
2. On the Subscribers dashboard, click + New Contact:
3. Enter the subscribers name and email address and select which Private Podcast you'd like to invite them to and click Add:
4. Your newly added subscriber will receive an email invite containing step-by-step instructions based on the option you've selected on the Podcast Settings page in your Castos dashboard.
Go to My Account > Podcast Settings > select an option for Private Subscriber Invite Settings:
NOTE: the Private Subscriber Invite Setting will apply to all Private Podcasts managed in your Castos dashboard.
After subscribers have been added to your dashboard, open the menu for additional options including resending their Magic Link or revoking access:
As more subscribers are added to your private podcast, additional tracking options and listener analytics become available:
Want to learn more? Check out our in-depth walkthrough video: