Import your existing podcast content to your Castos hosting account.
If you haven't already, take a moment to connect your WordPress website to your Castos account using the API Key.
Podcasts managed in WordPress using our Seriously Simple Podcasting plugin will continue to sync with your Castos hosting account.
Why is this important?
As your podcast’s host, Castos stores all of the content and episode files that would either prevent your WordPress website from loading quickly or even loading at all.
Anything I should know before syncing my podcast with Castos?
- Have you been hosting your content and episode files locally on your WordPress website? Make sure you’ve moved your self-hosted podcast to the Seriously Simple Podcasting plugin.
- Was your podcast hosted by another platform like Anchor, Libsyn, Podbean, etc.and published on WordPress? Double-check the steps for importing an external RSS feed have been completed.
Sync with Castos
1. Sign into your WordPress Admin dashboard and go to Podcast > Settings > Import
2. Check the box for Import your podcast to your Castos hosting account
3. Click Trigger Import:
An on-screen message will notify you that the process of syncing your podcast content on WordPress with Castos.
4. Check your email. We’ll send a report to confirm the process is complete or to notify you about any issues that prevented us from completing the process. It can take some time to receive the email depending on how much content there is to sync. If more than a few hours have passed, be sure to check your Spam folder in addition to your inbox.