Migrate Your Podcast from Simplecast to Your WordPress Website
Move your podcast and episodes from Simplecast to your WordPress website using our Seriously Simple Podcasting plugin.
To make sure the process goes smoothly, we recommend validating the RSS feed before importing your podcast: Review and validate the RSS feed
- Sign in to your WordPress Admin dashboard and go to Podcasting > Settings > Import
- Select Import External Feed
- Follow the steps outlined in the following article including the steps for syncing podcast and episode files with Castos: Import an external RSS feed into your WordPress website
- Select Feed Details and enter the details not included in the RSS feed migration (i.e. your podcast’s cover image, categories, etc.)
- Before moving on to the next step, copy the RSS feed URL from Podcasting > Settings > Publishing
Redirect the RSS feed
Redirecting the Simplecast RSS feed to your podcast’s new feed in Castos is similar to having your mail forwarded to a new home address. In other words, until Apple Podcasts and other podcast directories have had a chance to update their system, we want them to be forwarded (or redirected) to your new RSS feed at Castos if they look to Simplecast for your podcast.
1. Sign in to your Simplecast dashboard
2. Select the podcast from the menu and click Show Settings:
3. Select Advanced Settings:
4. In the RSS Feed Redirect box, paste the Castos RSS feed URL:
NOTE: We recommend waiting 4 weeks before canceling your account with Simplecast. This will give all the podcast directories enough time to pick up on the changes and update your show information.