Migrate your podcast from Buzzsprout
Move your podcast and episodes from Buzzsprout to Castos.
To make sure the process goes smoothly, we recommend validating the RSS feed before importing your podcast into Castos: Validate your RSS feed
- New Castos customers: After signing up for a Castos account, you’ll be asked if you'd like to import a podcast from another hosting platform by entering the RSS feed URL.
Current Castos customers: Sign into your Castos dashboard. Click your name and select Imports from the menu.
On the Imports page, click Import a New Podcast:
Enter the current RSS feed URL and click Continue:
2. From your Castos dashboard, click Settings to open the Podcast Settings page:
3. Select t he Feed Details tab and enter the details not included in the RSS feed migration (i.e. your podcast’s cover image, categories, etc.)
4. Click Save Podcast Details
5. Select the Distribution tab and copy your podcast's new RSS feed URL link:
NOTE: The amount of time it takes to migrate your podcast will vary from a few minutes to several hours depending on the number and length of episodes.
Redirect the RSS feed
Redirecting the Buzzsprout RSS feed to your podcast’s new feed in Castos is similar to having your mail forwarded to a new home address. In other words, until Apple Podcasts and other podcast listening platforms have had a chance to update their system, we want them to be forwarded (or redirected) to your new RSS feed at Castos if they look to Buzzsprout for your podcast.
1. Log into your Buzzsprout dashboard and click Podcast Settings:
2. Select Cancel / Redirect Podcast (don't worry, clicking this button won't affect your podcast's availability)
3.Select Redirect your podcast feed to follow the onscreen prompts :
NOTE: We recommend waiting 2 weeks before cancelling your account with Buzzsprout. This will give all the podcast listening platforms enough time to pick up on the changes and move your podcast subscribers to the new RSS feed.