Move your podcast and episodes from Simplecast to Castos.
To make sure the process goes smoothly, we recommend validating the RSS feed before importing your podcast into Castos: Before migrating your podcast to Castos - Validate the RSS feed
- New Castos customers: After signing up for a Castos account, you’ll be asked if you'd like to import a podcast from another hosting platform by entering the RSS feed URL.
Current Castos customers: Sign into your Castos dashboard. Click your name and select Imports from the menu.
On the Imports page, click Import a New Podcast:
Enter the current RSS feed URL and click Continue:
2. From your Castos dashboard, click Settings to open the Podcast Settings page:
3. Select the Feed Details tab and enter the details not included in the RSS feed migration (i.e. your podcast’s cover image, categories, etc.)
4. Click Save Podcast Details
5. Select the Distribution tab and copy your podcast's new RSS feed URL link:
NOTE: The amount of time it takes to migrate your podcast will vary from a few minutes to several hours depending on the number and length of episodes.
We cover many of the high-level considerations of moving your podcast from one provider to another in this article as well.
Redirect the RSS feed
Redirecting the Simplecast RSS feed to your podcast’s new feed in Castos is similar to having your mail forwarded to a new home address. In other words, until Apple Podcasts and other podcast listening platforms have had a chance to update their system, we want them to be forwarded (or redirected) to your new RSS feed at Castos if they look to Simplecast for your podcast.
1. Sign into your Simplecast dashboard
2. Select the podcast from the menu and click Show Settings:
3. Select Advanced Settings:
4. In the RSS Feed Redirect box, paste the Castos RSS feed URL:
NOTE: We recommend waiting 2 weeks before cancelling your account with Simplecast. This will give all the podcast listening platforms enough time to pick up on the changes and move your podcast subscribers to the new RSS feed.