Move your podcast and episodes from Libsyn to your WordPress website using our Seriously Simple Podcasting plugin.
- Sign into your WordPress Admin dashboard and go to Podcasts > Settings > Import
- Select Import External Feed
- Follow the steps outlined in the following article including the steps for syncing your podcast and episode files with Castos: Import an external RSS feed into your WordPress website
- Select Feed Details and enter the details not included in the RSS feed migration (i.e. your podcast’s cover image, categories, etc.)
- Before moving onto the next step, copy the RSS feed URL from Podcast > Settings > Publishing:
Redirect the RSS feed
Redirecting the Libsyn RSS feed to your podcast’s new feed in Castos is similar to having your mail forwarded to a new home address. In other words, until Apple Podcasts has had a chance to update their system, we want them to be forwarded (or redirected) to your new RSS feed at Castos if they look to Libsyn for your podcast.
1. Sign into your Libsyn dashboard. Click the Destinations tab and select Edit or View Existing from the menu:
2. Libsyn Classic Feed: click Edit
3. Open Advanced Options
4. Enter the new RSS feed URL copied from your Castos dashboard and click Save:
NOTE: We recommend waiting 2 weeks before cancelling your account with Libsyn. This will give all the podcast listening platforms enough time to pick up on the changes and move your podcast subscribers to the new RSS feed.